List:       secure-shell
Subject:    Re: sh: scp: not found
From:       Brian P Millett <bpm () ec-group ! com>
Date:       2001-02-26 19:45:13

owner-ssh@clinet.fi wrote:

> SSH and SCP must be in your path on both local and remote hosts or it will
> bomb.
>
> -John
>
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Jon Ingason wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have problem with scp. I get "sh: scp: not found" when I try to
> > use scp in some circumstance. I have this problem with version
> > 2.3.0p1 and 2.5.1p1 with OpenSSL version 0.9.6 on Solaris 8.

On the side that you are coping to, you need to have a file called "environment"  This should be in
the .ssh directory of the user to are coping as.

from the ssh man page:

     $HOME/.ssh/environment
             Contains additional definitions for environment variables, see
             section ENVIRONMENT above.

--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group   "Shifts in paradigms