List:       secure-shell
Subject:    Re: Solaris library question.
From:       Bill Schoolcraft <bill () wiliweld ! com>
Date:       2001-02-24 17:27:51

At Fri, 23 Feb 2001 it looks like Thor Lancelot Simon composed:

tls->On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 10:38:39AM -0800, Levin, David wrote:
tls->> I compiled Open SSH uscces on my Solaris 8 machine.  But am now getting
tls->> version error when I try to run the binaries on oter Solaris boxs.  I need
tls->> the binaries to work on Solaris 2.6, 7 and 8 machines.  The current error is
tls->
tls->In that case, you must compile the binaries on a machine running Solaris
tls->2.6, or in a suitable cross-compilation environment.

There were major OS changes between Solaris-7 and Solaris-8, as the
(internal) SUN engineers tell me: "A major rewrite..." and I've
noticed this when working with some customers.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076