List:       secure-shell
Subject:    Re: problems installing
From:       owner-ssh () clinet ! fi
Date:       2000-07-26 17:32:51

Hi Nick,

Try this:

To compile ssh-2.2.0 on AIX, configure as follows:

# make distclean
# CFLAGS="-DSSH_ALLOW_CPLUSPLUS_KEYWORDS" ./configure <your-config-flags-here>
# make
# make install

You can specify other CFLAGS in the same line, just separate them with spaces.
We plan on fixing this in the next release.

-Anne

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 10:06:56AM -0500, Nick Bergeron wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to ssh2.  I'm trying to install it on my school's server, and I'm
> having some problems.  I've run the ./configure, which seemed to work out fine,
> it located our host type correctly.  We're running an AIX 4.3.3 system.  However,
> when I tried to run the make, it produced the following error.
>
> In file included from sshunixuser.c:54:
> /usr/include/usersec.h:532: warning: parameter names (without types) in function
>
>  declaration
> /usr/include/usersec.h:532: field `OPERATOR_IS_CPLUSPLUS_RESERVED_WORD' declared
>
>  as a function
> /usr/include/usersec.h:532: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
>
> /usr/include/usersec.h:532: parse error before `OPERATOR_IS_CPLUSPLUS_RESERVED_W
>
> ORD'
> /usr/include/usersec.h:538: parse error before `}'
> /usr/include/usersec.h:593: warning: `struct aud_rec' declared inside parameter
>
> list
> /usr/include/usersec.h:593: warning: its scope is only this definition or declar
>
> ation, which is probably not what you want.
> /usr/include/usersec.h:594: warning: `struct aud_rec' declared inside parameter
>
> list
> sshunixuser.c: In function `ssh_login_permitted':
> sshunixuser.c:122: warning: passing arg 1 of `getuserattr' discards qualifiers
> rom pointer target type
> sshunixuser.c: In function `ssh_user_become':
> sshunixuser.c:707: warning: passing arg 1 of `setpcred' discards qualifiers
> from
>  pointer target type
> sshunixuser.c:747: warning: implicit declaration of function `initgroups'
> make: The error code from the last command is 1.
>

> Stop.
> make: The error code from the last command is 1.
>

> Stop.
> make: The error code from the last command is 1.
>

> Stop.
> make: The error code from the last command is 2.
>

> Stop.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Anne Carasik                      | Economists state their GNP growth
Principal Consultant              | projections to the nearest tenth of
SSH Communications Security, Inc. | a percentage point to prove they have
Email: anne@ssh.com               | a sense of humor. -Edgar R. Fiedler