List:       secure-shell
Subject:    running ssh1 within ksh
From:       Todd Fleisher <todd () fleish ! org>
Date:       1999-02-26 22:01:31

Greets,

I have a client who is trying to run ssh-1.2.26 within a korn shell script under AIX \
4.3.2. The user's identity has a passphrase set and the hosts are set to do RSA \
authentication. So, he's trying to use a "here-document" as follows: #!/usr/bin/ksh
ssh target command <<ENDtag
RSApassphrase
ENDtag
exit 0

This is supposed to send the RSApassphrase when it receives something back from the \
command (he demonstrated this with a script he wrote for ftp that sends ftp username \
and password and ftp commands). However, when running the above shown ssh script, it \
freezes at the 'Enter RSApassphrase:' prompt and never sends the passphrase. We are \
therefore wondering if this is perhaps something other than stdin. Has anyone had a \
similar experience? Can anyone illuminate what might be happening here and how we \
might go about fixing it?

Regards,
Todd

--