List:       secure-shell
Subject:    arguments for/against blowfish and DES/3DES
From:       "Delius, Felix von" <Felix.von-Delius () dresdner-bank ! com>
Date:       1999-02-23 8:54:03

I know there is a README.CIPHERS with lots of information about the SSH
ciphers. But what I need is additional information about the blowfish
algorithm:

* is it in widespread use - where is it used (in what other products than
SSH)?
* are there cryptoanalysis-docs about blowfish which are not from Bruce
Schneider itself?
* are there any massive attemts to compromise blowfish (as it was with DES)?
anyone of them successful?
* What was the reason to develop Starfish? Is it the sucessor? Is it more
secure / better? Is it free?

Thanks for any help!

Felix
---
Felix von Delius
Dipl.-Ing.
Dresdner Bank AG			e-mail:
Felix.von.Delius@dresdner-bank.com
KS Organisation und Informatik	phone: +49-69-263-5677
IT Research & Standards		fax: +49-69-263-5062
Middleware Solutions
Windmühlstr. 14
D-60301 Frankfurt