List:       secure-shell
Subject:    Portability and building SSH *without* X11 support
From:       rhughes () anteon ! com
Date:       1998-06-29 16:11:23

     I would like to install SSH on several HP-UX servers.  I ran the build
     on one server and every thing appeared to work fine after doing a
     'make install' .  HOWEVER, when I attempted to move the binaries to
     another server I keep getting 'execute permission denied' errors even
     though the ownership and permissions are identical.

     To skirt this, I attempted to build SSH on another server.  The second
     server DOES NOT have the X11 libraries and the make fails when
     building ssh-askpass.

     Question #1 :
     Is there some trick to moving the SSH binaries from one system to
     another, assuming the OS version is the same, etc. ?

     Question #2 :
     What modifications are necessary to the code and/or the makefiles to
     allow building with NO support and no requirement for X11?

     I would appreciate any help you can provide.
     Please CC replies to my email as I do not normally subscribe to this
     list.

     Regards,