List:       secure-shell
Subject:    ssh via firewall with rhosts RSA host authentication
From:       tw () hasas ! hasas ! de (Thomas Welsch)
Date:       1995-12-15 15:57:26

Hi,

I'm trying to setup your great ssh programm (version 1.2.12). My configuration
is as follows:

LocalHostīs--------->Local Firewall--------->RemoteHostīs
              LAN                     WAN

Software:
   LocalHosts:    ssh with socks
   LocalFirewall: socks (modified)
   RemoteHosts:   sshd without socks

I want to direct all connections through the firewall, so im installing
socks on it. Iīm also compiling ssh with the socks option. There are two
problems, i ran into:

  1. : sockd on the firewall forwards all port as unprivileged (>1024) ports