List:       secure-shell
Subject:    Re: Permission denied  - check you console
From:       "Christ, Bryan" <bryan.christ () hp ! com>
Date:       2006-04-20 16:45:50

Mike,

Here is the solution.  Apparently this is a particular problem with
slackware 10.0...
http://www.pocketace.net/pocketace.php?pg=articles&ar=slackware)

(excerpt)
"The Slackware udev.rules included with Slackware 10 needs to be altered
for the man, less and ssh commands to work properly. To fix this problem
you need to edit the /etc/udev/rules.d/udev.rules file. The change is in
the pty devices section, you need to change
KERNEL="tty[p-za-e][0-9a-f]*", NAME="tty/s%n", SYMLINK="%k"  to read
KERNEL="tty[p-za-e][0-9a-f]*", NAME="pty/s%n", SYMLINK="%k".  Thats it
just change the t to a p, and everything should work."

Bryan