List:       secure-shell
Subject:    Compiling openssh on SFU 3.5
From:       "Joshua Hevenor" <josh.hevenor () cciw ! ca>
Date:       2006-04-07 14:06:57

Hey there,

Does anyone know of a good how-to for compiling openSSH on Windows Services
for Unix?  Zlib compiles with no problems. When I ./configure openssh  it
doesn’t find zlib.h  regardless of where I put it or point the config
(--with-zlib=/usr/local/includes). OpenSSL says that it doesn’t recognize
the OS and won’t configure at all.

I’ve found blog postings where people mentioned that they’ve gotten it to
work with some massaging but not how they did it. I could also just buy a
bunch of tools from http://www.interopsystems.com/tools/warehouse.htm but I
would rather just compile for free.

You help is appreciated,

Josh Hevenor