List:       secure-shell
Subject:    Re: SSH/SSL firewall port problem
From:       Darren Tucker <dtucker () zip ! com ! au>
Date:       2004-07-05 21:10:22

Mathias Hjärtström wrote:

> Hi! I've been trying to setup a remote server for version management
with either CVS or Subversion. When trying out CVS I use a Linux
computer with OpenSSH 3.8.1p1 and when I use Subversion I use a WinXP
computer with Apache 2.0.49 and OpenSSL_0.9.7d. Now I've got both
systems running, one using port 22 for SSH and the other using port 443
for SSL forwarded by the firewall. Both systems works fine for checking
in and out small textfiles, no problems whatsoever. But when trying to
commit or check out larger files (> 100 kb binary files in my case) the
communication is interrupted on both systems.

Might be a MTU/fragmentation problem.  See:
http://www.snailbook.com/faq/mtu-mismatch.auto.html

> Do I have to open any other ports besides port 22 for SSH or port 443
for https?

No.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)