List:       secure-shell
Subject:    RE: Passphrase Question
From:       "Manning, Michael" <mmanni03 () harris ! com>
Date:       2004-02-19 17:35:03

Yes, you need to regenerate the key.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fiengo, Paul (Contractor) [mailto:FiengoP@ritchie.disa.mil]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 5:36 PM
To: 'secureshell@securityfocus.com'
Subject: Passphrase Question

All,

I have recently changed the hostname of a Solaris 8 server running OpenSSH
and am now NOT prompted for my passphrase when I login.  The server now
authenticates me with my account password.  Why is this the case?  Do I need
to recreate keys?  Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thank You,

Paul Fiengo