List:       secure-shell
Subject:    SV: Openssh for Windows
From:       <tevfik () itefix ! no>
Date:       2004-02-18 0:23:45

Hi,

I don't know too much about -openssh for windows- internals. However, since
I am the maintainer of a similar package (http://itefix.no/copssh), I have a
suggestion :

NT Security is turned on by default for cygwin (look at CYGWIN environment
variable for a value -ntsec-).
Try to change this to -nontsec- or add it.

That change will make sure that your inherited permissions at destination
site will work as expected.

BTW, my package has the same trouble :-)) I consider to do something with it
at the next release.

Rgrds Tev