List:       secprog
Subject:    Java -> .NET  RSA Encryption
From:       "john bart" <sysadmin256 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-28 15:43:05

Hello all,
I want to RSA encrypt a message in a java environment, and to decrypt it in
.NET.
I thought it would be easy - encrypt the message using a public key (java
environment), and decrypt it (.net environment) with the private key. Sounds
simple in theory...

So far, i didn't manage to do that.
I had problems from the beginning, when i tried to generate the key-pair and
export it between the environment. How can i generate the keys, put the
private key in the .net environment and the private key in the java
environment (JKS) ?

Also, do i need an external provider for java, like BouncyCastle? some of
the articles say that i must use that, but in the documentation of Java 1.5
there's a provider that can do RSA encryption. I'm confused..

If enyone have an example to do such encryption (and some explanation on key
generation and exchange..) it'll be great...

thanks in advance,
john.