List:       secprod
Subject:    l0pht crack 3
From:       Talisker <Talisker () NETWORKINTRUSION ! CO ! UK>
Date:       2001-04-16 10:58:13

L0pht Crack 3 is on the streets, I'm not sure how long it's been out there
now but I only came across it yesterday, the price reflects them selling out
to @stake
Single License $249
10 License Pack   $1999
As a friend said to me "gone are the days when you got it free with a packet
of Cornflakes"
Having said that it's still a great product and still offers value for money
in comparison to many other vendor products.

new features include
LC3 adds numerous enhancements to the critically-acclaimed capabilities of
its L0phtCrack predecessors:

Support for Windows 2000
LC3 now runs cleanly on Windows 2000. It can extract unencrypted password
hashes from systems that use Microsoft's SYSKEY protection, and it uses an
updated packet sniffer that supports Windows 2000 systems.
Works with International Character Sets
LC3 supports international language input locales, allowing it to work with
operating systems and passwords based on single byte character sets
including those for European, Cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, and other
languages.

Distributed Cracking
LC3 lets an administrator speed up a time-consuming password audit by
breaking it into parts that can be run simultaneously on multiple machines.

Hide Cracked Passwords
LC3 gives administrators the option to know whether or not a password was
cracked without knowing the password itself.

Audit Time
Password auditors get a quantitative comparison of password strength from
LC3's report on the time required to crack each password.

Wizard
LC3 offers a Wizard to help new password auditors configure and run their
first audits quickly and easily.

Export
It's easier than ever to manipulate the results of a password audit by
exporting results to a tab-delimited file.

Improved Product Support
Registered LC3 users get email support with 24 hour or shorter response
time.

New Dictionary
LC3 now includes a 250,000 word English dictionary for comprehensive English
dictionary audits.

Improved Password Management
LC3 lets users import passwords from multiple machines, and easily delete
those they don't want to audit, directly in the LC3 window.

http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk
Talisker's Network Security Tools List

Security Tools Notification
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/security-tools/join