List:       secpapers
Subject:    Reading Between the Lines: Lessons from the SDMI Challenge
From:       aleph1 () securityfocus ! com
Date:       2001-09-15 21:35:35

Reading Between the Lines: Lessons from the SDMI Challenge
Scott A. Craver, Min Wu, Bede Liu, Adam Stubblefield, Ben Swartlander,
Dan S. Wallach, Drew Dean, Edward W. Felten

The Secure Digital Music Initiative is a consortium of parties interested in
preventing piracy of digital music, and to this end they are developing
architectures for content protection on untrusted platforms. SDMI recently
held a challenge to test the strength of four watermarking technologies,
and two other security technologies. No documentation explained the
implementations of the technologies, and neither watermark embedding nor
detecting software was directly accessible to challenge participants. We
nevertheless accepted the challenge, and explorer the inner works of the
technologies. We report on our results here.

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/sip/sdmi/

--
Elias Levy
SecurityFocus