List:       seagull-general
Subject:    Re: [Seagull-general] Donating to SGL ... was Ad and Click Tracker
From:       Demian Turner <demian () phpkitchen ! com>
Date:       2006-09-22 11:08:31

Hi Christian

> I have watched over this project in some time now. I think this
> project is
> so interesting that I just decided to start using it and try to
> contribute.
> Not only with ideas, code but also perhaps with some funding...

That's excellent news, financial contributions have been very small so
far but are always welcome, as long as they're not empty promises[1].

Just this week we're moving to a new server at a cost of $100/mnth that
needs to be met by the team, so all donations are welcome.

I've had a bounty module 50% done for a month now but when it's
finished, sponsors will be able to put fixed price bids against Seagull
features they want to sponsor, and get recognition for it.

> Instead of including GPL software in this project I think it is better
> make a set/library with "routines for SGL_Output" for good/stable GPL
> software. Of course so will the routines be BSD licensed and people
> can
> decide themeself if they want to use it in their projects...

I understand the preference for BSD licensing of modules.  Although the
core of sgl will always remain BSD, many modules are now moving to GPL
in an effort to improve code contributions and make some money for the
project.

Improved contributions/funding would of course help reverse this trend.

cheers

--
Demian Turner, Maintainer
Seagull PHP Framework, http://seagullproject.org/