List:       scst-devel
Subject:    Re: [Scst-devel] Files synchronization (update)
From:       "Roman Baniak" <gerwaz () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2021-10-19 0:34:12

A configuration in which two hosts use a traditional filesystem
      (NTFS?) to access the same block storage medium (/dev/sdc) is
      guaranteed to lead to data corruption. Please don't do this.</p>
      side simultaneously, please use file sharing software (Samba or
      NTFS) instead of SCST.</p>

I read about it in the documentation. But I don't mount this block storage
directly but through SCST.
Virtual disk kon1 is a file on linux server, windows is connected to this
disk through FC Qlogic card - qla2x00t, and server is connected by
scst_local target - which is seen by system as /dev/sde1. Booth clients
connect by SCST to one device. Filesystem is NTFS because of windows.
And here my question is: whether scst manages access to this virtual disk or
is it just a type of connection? If it was just a connection then the
scst_local module wouldn't make sense ...
I do not know yet what the copy manager module is for, maybe it will help
here. Please bear with me as I do not know English well and understanding
all the documentation may be a minor problem.
I bought FC cards occasionally and I want to use them to have a very fast
connection (8Gbps) to the server only from my computer, and other computers
or devices on the network can connect via Samba (1Gbps). And to share
something in Samba I need to access it via scst_local.
Thanks
Roman