List:       scst-devel
Subject:    Re: [Scst-devel] Compatibility
From:       Bart Van Assche <bvanassche () acm ! org>
Date:       2020-01-28 2:45:53

On 2020-01-26 22:34, Steffan Cline wrote:
> Per Marvell (QLogic support) -
> "We checked the serial numbers and found that the exact model of the card is \
> HD-1860-2F00 and that it is not an OEM. Unfortunately, this means that there are no \
> drivers that will support target mode."
> He doesn't specifically mention the firmware though. I replied back to ask that but \
> I'm sure it's a bust.
> I have 4x QLE2564s I'll install on the target and 2562 I'll install on the 6 \
> initiators since I can't use those Brocades.
> Can SCST employ some kind of multipath to get 16gb from 2x8gb ports per intiator?

Hi Steffen,

SCST supports multipath, ALUA and also high availability setups in which
two SCST nodes have access to the same data. However, creating a H.A.
setup requires a considerable amount of work in the form of writing
scripts for the H.A. software, e.g. Pacemaker + Corosync.

Multipathing is configured by exporting a set of LUNs through two or
more ports and by configuring multipathing software at the initiator
site, e.g. multipathd.

Please have a look at at least the sections about multipath and ALUA in
SCST/README.

Bart.