List:       scst-devel
Subject:    Re: [Scst-devel] Windows SRP OFED Support Questions
From:       Bart Van Assche <Bart.VanAssche () wdc ! com>
Date:       2017-10-02 17:48:18

On Fri, 2017-09-22 at 11:57 -0400, Marc Smith via Scst-devel wrote:
> I'm not as familiar with SRP, so figured this would be a good question
> for the list... what is the current and/or supported SRP stack/driver
> for Windows platforms? It seems there are not new releases of OFED for
> Windows with SRP being generated? Mellanox's WinOF and WinOF-2 do not
> support SRP, and only do iSER -- is that right?

This has been discussed before on the scst-devel mailing list and also on the
Mellanox forum. Please have a look at https://community.mellanox.com/thread/3379
for information about which MOFED for ESXi version to download and to install.

> The future of SRP is still good? It seemed I heard sometime back that
> VMware dropped SRP support for recent ESXi releases... is that no
> longer true?

Before Mellanox acquired Voltaire in 2010 their focus was on SRP. After the
acquisition of Voltaire their focus moved from SRP to iSER. Today Mellanox
seems to focus on NVMeOF. I'm not sure what Mellanox' plans are for RDMA block
storage initiator support for future versions of MOFED for ESXi.

Bart.