List:       scilab-dev
Subject:    Re: [Scilab-Dev] Compiling Scilab 5.4.0 from source fails on Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit
From:       Uwe Fechner <u.fechner () tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2012-10-31 20:04:08

Hello,

thanks for your help. Atlas was not installed.

But I found a workaround for the configure problem (bug 10646):

cd ~/00Software/arpack-ng_3.1.2/
sudo make uninstall
sudo apt-get install libarpack++2-dev
sudo apt-get remove libarpack2
cd ~/00Software/
cd ~/00Software/scilab-5.4.0
make distclean
./configure
make

This worked now. But this also means that I cannot
have Octave installed at the same time. Octave depends
on libarpack2. And as soon as I install libarpack2
./configure fails.

Is this a bug in the packaging of Ubuntu or in the
./configure script of Scilab 5.4.0?

Best regards:

Uwe Fechner