List:       scilab-dev
Subject:    Scilab under MacOSX, und so weiter
From:       Stéphane_Mottelet <stephane.mottelet () utc ! fr>
Date:       2008-03-18 13:04:08

Hi all,

I have successfully (?) compiled Scilab on my MacBook
under MacOSX 10.4.11 with the following versions of compilers

Apple gcc 4.0.1/gfortran based on gcc 4.2.2

and I have the following error at scilab startup

creating scilab-bin
./bin/scilab -ns -nwni -f
modules/functions/scripts/buildmacros/buildmacros.sce
       !--error 22
Recursion problems. Sorry...

which is completely different from the error that I have under 10.5.2
with gcc 4.3/gfortran 4.3

./bin/scilab -ns -nwni -f
modules/functions/scripts/buildmacros/buildmacros.sce
dim = size(listmacrostoload);
                            !--error 42
Incompatible input argument.

Maybe should we turn off optimization for some selected strategic
source files, (as periX11.c in former Scilab version, which had to
be compiled without optimization) ?

S.

--
Stéphane Mottelet