List:       scilab-dev
Subject:    Re: [Scilab-Dev] Problem with the help
From:       Vincent COUVERT <vincent.couvert () inria ! fr>
Date:       2008-03-10 14:35:20

Yes we are going to use a subset of the simplified docbook.

This subset keeps enough elements to be compatible with DocBook generic
tools and gives equivalents for each old DTD element.

To simplify the users work, we will release some conversion tools.

Vincent

Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
> Well,
>
> the old DTD was rather semantic, which was a logical choice
> (calling sequence, parameters, etc.).  Docbook will not allow
> this kind of semantic markup. But maybe you want to keep the
> actual logical structure of the scilab help dtd and use only a part
> of docbook (which is  sufficiently huge...) in the <SP> </SP> element  ?
>
> S.
>

> Vincent COUVERT a écrit :
>> Moreover, switching to a standard system such as DocBook offers Scilab:
>> - a lot of tools to generate Scilab help under a lot of formats such
>> as PDF, PS, HTML without doing anything by hand
>> - tools to edit the man pages: last example is the WYSIWYG editor Lyx
>> - a DTD that can be used to write Scilab documentation (getting
>> started, how to,...) and not only function help pages
>>
>> The main idea is to stop developing things that just work in Scilab
>> and to use standard tools.
>>
>> Vincent
>>
>> François Vogel a écrit :
>>> Thanks for your answers, Vincent.
>>>
>>> However you didn't say anything about why you change the help
>>> system. What's wrong with the current help browser?
>>>
>>> Francois

Vincent COUVERT
Centre de Recherche INRIA Paris-Rocquencourt
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Equipe Projet SCILAB
Bâtiment 1B - Bureau 013