List:       scap-security-guide
Subject:    Help us decide: Should we remove upstream RPM building?
From:       Martin Preisler <mpreisle () redhat ! com>
Date:       2016-10-28 18:35:49

I have recently suggested to remove the complex machinery used to build
upstream unsigned RPMs from git. My assumption was that nobody is using
it. However Shawn replied to the PR that many people are using it.

I wanted to open a more formal discussion about this. Personally I still
feel like the complexity is too great for a very limited value we get
out of unsigned RPMs that are not part of any repository.

Of course we will keep building SSG for RHEL, Fedora and other distros.
We do this using a completely separate set of scripts and spec files.

Most of the arguments are in the GitHub PR itself and if you have
something to add please reply to the pull request to keep everything
in one place.

https://github.com/OpenSCAP/scap-security-guide/pull/1520

--
Martin Preisler
Identity Management and Platform Security | Red Hat, Inc.