List:       scap-security-guide
Subject:    Re: [Open-scap] Save the date -- Upcoming SCAP Security Guide Q/A Contributor Workshop (2015-11-24 0
From:       Stephen John Smoogen <smooge () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-11-24 14:45:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Nov 24, 2015 07:32, "Leam Hall" <leamhall@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tried to join. The selected conference tool, BlueJeans, crashes Firefox.
Every time I try to join the conference in Chrome it asks to reinstall the
plug-in that the tool pages says isn't required. Restarting the browser,
and the computer, doesn't help.

> Sadly, I'm on a CentOS 6 desktop. Blue Jeans support just noted that
their product doesn't work on Chrome v35+ on Linux.

Works for me in Firefox and chrome 35+ on RHEL so not sure why it is
crashing your system. Do you have any other plugin

> Sooo...I'm supposed to use Windows to see a Red Hat security tool
briefing?

> Leam
>

> On 11/16/15 05:31, Jan Lieskovsky wrote:
>>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>>    since:
>>    * the above topic is appearing on the SSG mailing list pretty often
>>      (people searching for guidance how to possibly contribute to SSG),
>>    * the current documentation / wiki pages WRT to topic of contributing
>>      aren't well at all,
>>
>> we have decided to hold a SCAP Security Guide Q/A Contributor Workshop
>> to happen on Tuesday in a week from now, 2015-11-24 for two hours
>> (from 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM Eastern Time) with the following preliminary
>> agenda / topics:
>>
>> SCAP Security Guide Q/A Contributor Workshop:
>> Agenda:
>>
>> * Identify existing issues / problems when attempting to contribute to
SSG
>> * How to contribute a new rule?
>>   * How to design logical structure of the rule? (which existing group
to place it)
>>   * Basic details about SSG contribution:
>>    * How to create and where to store XCCDF, OVAL, and remediation
script?
>>   * (Possibly) Create a new group within SSG
>>   * Create all rules
>>   * Expected developer workflow (how to commit & test the proposed
changes)
>>   * Test own scenario (if appropriate)
>> * Where's the documentation?
>> * Any other issues / problems identified during the call & subsequent
feedback.

>> The above agenda is just sketch of (possible) topics to discuss.
>> Should you find some of the important items missing below,
>> let me know and I will add them.
>>
>> As for the medium I am proposing BlueJeans. Should we need to use
something
>> else, let me know!
>>
>> Would you be interested in attending of this workshop (meet the SCAP
Security