List:       scap-security-guide
Subject:    Re: are there any vulnerable images available that can be detected by the scanner?
From:       Martin Preisler <mpreisle () redhat ! com>
Date:       2015-11-19 12:52:26

----- Original Message -----

The tutorial is for RHEL6, the CVE feed listed there only applies to RHEL6.
The vulnerabilities it can find are RHEL6 vulnerabilities, you won't
find those in any CentOS6 image. It cannot find CentOS6 vulnerabilities.

Try it with an old RHEL6 version.

> Am I doing something wrong or those old images are super safe?

No, the images are not super safe.

--
Martin Preisler
Security Technologies | Red Hat, Inc.