List:       sbcl-help
Subject:    Re: [Sbcl-help] sbcl compile .lisp to bytecode
From:       Faré <fahree () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-02-09 22:09:06

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Sergei Haramundanis
<bog10222@bogatir.com> wrote:
> On 02/09/2014 11:17 AM, Devon Sean McCullough wrote:
>> On 2014 Feb 10, at 12:02 AM, Sergei Haramundanis wrote:
>>
>>> Does sbcl have an option to create bytecode files from .lisp sources? I
>>> didn't see this in the sbcl 1.1.15 user manual, but maybe I'm missing
>>> something.
>>>
>> SBCL is pure native code.
>> CLISP is pure byte code.

SBCL has a wonderful portable bytecode: bytecode 40 introduces a
function, macro or special form to evaluate, and is followed by the
name of a symbol denoting that form, then the arguments of form, then
bytecode 41.

Luck occurs when preparedness meets opportunity.