List:       sbcl-help
Subject:    Re: [Sbcl-help] sbcl ppc
From:       Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus () random-state ! net>
Date:       2007-03-27 22:44:16

fred voisin wrote:

> Is that a very hard job to make "experimental" threads available for ppc
> with sbcl 1.0 ? May I hope for some help for this plateform ?

Cyrus Harmon can probably give you a better estimate, but I would guess
with 1 wizard week(*). How many human weeks that translates to is
anyones guess. ;-)

Sensible questions tend to elicit sensible responses: start by reading
the stuff that has been written about porting threads on SBCL lists
in the past, focusing on what people who have actually ported them say.
Looking at the patches that port threads to various other platforms
is also going to be informative.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus

(* Given that GENCGC has been ported, and assuming most of the
Mach/Darwin things are pretty similar on PPC and x86.)