List:       sbcl-devel
Subject:    Re: [Sbcl-devel] Memory corruption on foreign thread callbacks win33
From:       Douglas Katzman via Sbcl-devel <sbcl-devel () lists ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2022-06-10 22:08:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

preserve_pointer does the right thing no matter what, so if it requires 4
extra comparisons to find out that it's OK not to call it, I would say
don't bother with the extra comparisons.
I assume that win32 is working fine without this at the current head,
right? If so, there's really nothing further to do, other than write a
regression test. i.e. the patch should not be applied in my opinion.