List:       sbcl-devel
Subject:    Re: [Sbcl-devel] build failure (from git)
From:       don-sourceforge-x2012 () isis ! cs3-inc ! com (Don Cohen)
Date:       2022-04-13 15:11:11

Stas Boukarev writes:
 > That means something else has failed.

I was hoping you'd recognize it.
Backing up in the transcript I see:
  ; compiling file "/home/don/sbcl/src/code/cross-early.lisp" (written 13 APR 2022 04:08:50 AM\
  ):
  While evaluating the form starting at line 160, column 0
    of #P"/home/don/sbcl/make-host-1.lisp":

  debugger invoked on a HOST-SB-EXT:SYMBOL-PACKAGE-LOCKED-ERROR in thread
  #<THREAD "main thread" RUNNING {1001550173}>:
    Lock on package COMMON-LISP violated when
    globally declaring VALUES as a declaration proclamation while in package
    SB-IMPL.
  See also:
    The SBCL Manual, Node "Package Locks"
    The ANSI Standard, Section 11.1.2.1.2

  Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:EXIT) to exit from SBCL.

I saw something about values in recent mail, so maybe this is since fixed...

yep, redoing the build I get some updates to cross-early and it all works again.