List:       sbcl-devel
Subject:    Re: [Sbcl-devel] freeze for sbcl-1.2.12
From:       Christophe Rhodes <csr21 () cantab ! net>
Date:       2015-05-22 6:50:27

Douglas Katzman <dougk@google.com> writes:

> A fix for this sloppy argument destructuring is "conservative", would
> you agree?
>
> * (macroexpand-1 '(setf (ldb (byte 3 4 junk wat) a) (compute)))
>
> (LET* ((#:G561 3) (#:G562 4) (#:G563 (COMPUTE)))...

Personally I'd prefer queueing up a fix for that for early in the next
cycle: while it's a bit embarassing that we don't catch the error, it
doesn't seem to me that our failure to catch the error has an impact on
users, while there's always the chance (however slim) that a fix for
that introduces a problem (and invalidates the testing that's already
been done).  Generally, I prefer a blizzard of changes immediately after
release to a dribble of changes just before the release, however
innocuous those changes look.

Thanks,

Christophe