List:       sbcl-devel
Subject:    [Sbcl-devel] Download page
From:       Jim Wise <jwise () draga ! com>
Date:       2011-03-30 15:09:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I'm getting ready to upload 1.0.47 Darwin builds to sourceforge, and
will update the platform table at

     http://www.sbcl.org/platform-table.html

to point at these instead of 1.0.29.

Had two questions, while I'm in sbcl-page:

a.) I'd love to provide threaded builds of Solaris and Darwin, so more
    people can easily test the lutex-based threading platforms, but
    given the current state of sb-lutex, I don't think these should be
    the main blessed builds for these two platforms.

    What's the best way to note an experimental threaded build of sbcl
    for these platforms -- I'm leaning toward a brief list after the
    table, but other options are another row (`Solaris with experimental
    threading support') or another column (`X86/Threads*', in which case
    the Linux X86 build would move there)?

b.) On a lot of platforms, native or third-party packaging systems are a
    great way to install sbcl.  Should we have a brief list noting, eg,
    that SBCL is available for NetBSD in pkgsrc, or MacOS in homebrew
    (I've been very impressed with the homebrew sbcl integration, by the
    way)?

Thanks much,
--
				Jim Wise