List:       sbcl-devel
Subject:    Re: [Sbcl-devel] [Sbcl-commits] CVS: sbcl/src/compiler/generic
From:       Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus () random-state ! net>
Date:       2010-10-04 9:40:29

On 4 October 2010 05:12, Nathan Froyd <nfroyd@users.sourceforge.net>

> 1.0.43.17: fix static symbols for array dispatch tables
>
> The array dispatch tables have gone through several renamings.
> Unfortunately, the references to the names in
> compiler/generic/parms.lisp have not been renamed as well. Do so,
> and micro-optimize generic array access slightly.
>
> (Optimizing SYMBOL-VALUE on static/global symbols would help as
> well...)

I wonder if we should have !DEFINE-STATIC-GLOBAL and
!DEFINE-STATIC-VAR for use internally, instead of maintaining those
lists in addition to the definitions.

Or at least we should check that static symbols have a definition of
some sort during genesis, I think. Otherwise someone like me is just
going to rename things again and miss a spot...

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus