List:       sbcl-devel
Subject:    [Sbcl-devel] Regression in float truncate and friends
From:       Christophe Rhodes <csr21 () cantab ! net>
Date:       2009-11-25 11:17:25

Hi,

Prior to 1.0.30.38, the following

  (compile nil '(lambda (x)
                  (declare (type (single-float 0.0 1.0) x)
                                 (optimize speed (safety 0)))
                  (values (truncate (* x 1000.0)))))

compiles without notes to straight-line FPU code.  In current HEAD, the
same compiles to a full call to %UNARY-TRUNCATE/SINGLE-FLOAT.  If I had
to guess, based on the compiler notes generated, I'd guess that the type
derivation information from TRUNCATE gets lost along the way.

Since I think this isn't actually a regression from the previous
release, I'm not going to hold the release for it, but I will accept a
tested and reviewed patch if someone produces one.

Cheers,

Christophe