List:       sbcl-devel
Subject:    [Sbcl-devel] readdir.1 on snow leopard
From:       Karsten Poeck <karsten.poeck () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-29 22:31:13

Is the sb-posix test  readdir.1 supposed to work on snow leopard? On my
machine (fresh cvs checkout of 1.0.32.1)

it errors when called manually with

debugger invoked on a SB-INT:C-STRING-DECODING-ERROR in thread #<THREAD
"initial thread" RUNNING {10029F2D91}>:
  c-string decoding error (:external-format :UTF-8):
    the octet sequence 3 cannot be decoded.

If I protect the (sb-posix:dirent-name dirent) call in the test with an
ignore-errors and print the results I note that the names are not quite
right compared to the listing produced with ls -al

I see that the next test readdir/dirent-name is commented with a
#-darwin
and basically calls the same posix functions as the failing test.

As a side effect of the error, the sb-posix contrib is marked as
unsuccessfully tested ans is therefor not included in the install.

This has the unpleasant consequence that whatever old version is
installed already is till being used (and i received a for me confusing
error message about mixing x86 and x86-64 versions.)

saludos

Karsten