List:       sbcl-devel
Subject:    Re: [Sbcl-devel] Computed gotos
From:       Paul Khuong <pkhuong () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-06 12:27:28

On 6-Jul-09, at 3:46 AM, John Fremlin wrote:
> Helmut Eller <heller@common-lisp.net> writes:
> [...]
> > Transforming CASE to computed gotos along the lines of
> > http://scheme2006.cs.uchicago.edu/07-clinger.pdf would probably
> > make a
> > nice project too.
>
> Both cl-irregsexp and teepeedee2 should benefit heavily from this, or
> even a restricted special sb-ext:highly-unsafe-switch macro. . .
>
> Is there already any progress on this front? I heard about some
> legendary computed goto patches for SBCL but I can't find them on the
> Internet.

There's a preliminary hot-patch against an old version at \
<http://discontinuity.info/~pkhuong/sbcl-switch-case.lisp   >. I do have some plans \
to redo the work, in a cleaner fashion, in   the next couple months. In the meantime, \
it might be possible to re-  structure code that wants to perform computed gotos to \
instead tail-  calls closures.

Paul Khuong