List:       sas-l
Subject:    StackOverflow: Looking for a more efficient way to pull data from multiple datasets in SAS
From:       Roger Deangelis <roger_deangelis () COMCAST ! NET>
Date:       2023-04-18 17:40:45

%let pgm=utl-parallel-processing-to-pull-data-from-multiple-datasets-in-SAS;

StackOverflow: Looking for a more efficient way to pull data from multiple datasets \
in SAS

I assume we are talking about big data and the resulting table is over 1tb.
Otherwise parallel processing may not be needed,

For examples of parallel processing see (also consider SAS SPDE)
https://tinyurl.com/2wusxdhw
https://github.com/rogerjdeangelis?tab=repositories&q=parallel&type=&language=&sort=

StackOverflow
https://tinyurl.com/4du3xxum
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75392008/looking-for-a-more-efficient-way-to-pull-data-from-multiple-datasets-in-sas

You might want to purchase an older power workstation.
I bought one on ebay($600) with 16 cores(32 logical processors), 128gb dual 1tb NVMe \
drives and 1000watt power supply.

Consider SAS SPDe and parallel indexing.   As a side note MS Windows throttles cores \
to 4 and 8 logical proessors. For $125 MS will provide the golden screwdriver to \
untrottle your cores. You do not even need to reboot.