List:       sas-l
Subject:    Fwd: SAS-L Digest - 13 Oct 2021 to 14 Oct 2021 (#2021-119)
From:       Tom Salwasser <tomsalwasser () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2021-10-14 9:28:22

Hi Nicholas. I would say that SODA is pretty amazing. It's a full blown SAS
Studio session as far as I can tell. I'm sure there are limitations of
some sort. Despite its name, SAS is presenting it to the world as an option
for anyone interested in SAS programming, not just students.

There is one thing that I get frustrated with, but I think it's a SAS
Studio limitation, not a SODA limitation. I wish there was an easy way to
ZIP and unZIP files within SAS Studio. Maybe there is, but I have not found
it.

Give it a try, you will be happy you spent some time with it. Ron Cody's
book "Introduction to SAS University Edition" is still helpful, even though
all the Virtual Machine stuff no longer applies.

Best,
Tom