List:       sas-l
Subject:    SOAPBOX - New SAS Survey
From:       Roger DeAngelis <rogerjdeangelis () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2018-10-29 11:41:53

SOAPBOX ON

I opened the recent SAS survey and the first three topics seemed to deal =
with  appeasing IT and upper management.
The survey seems to be marketing ploy.

 IT and upper management are the problem not  the future for SAS, providi=
ng more negative enhancements to please IT and management is not the solu=
tion.

 SAS needs a survey of non-IT and non-management. SAS needs to talk to th=
ose in the trenches doing the work.
Preferably those who work on workstations combined with EG servers.

 What SAS needs is new management, especially a new CEO. SAS has dug so m=
ay holes only to fill them in later.

 I think Rick Langston would make a good CEO.

I feel filling in the survey may lead to more negative-enhancements.

SOAPBOX OFF