List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: PROC SURVEYSELECT results substantially different than true population
From:       "James C. Whanger" <james.whanger () GMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2013-06-28 20:30:07

Randall -- It appears you are specifying both a 'sampsize' and a 'size'
statement which may be incongruent.  The sampsize pulls a given number of
cases for each replication, while the size statement pulls a number of
cases conditional on the proportion of the value of e1i for each
replication.  The result may not be a sample that is  representative of the
population.

I'm not sure how SAS resolves this -- it may be pulling each sample of 1
from the group with the first value of e1i, thus biasing the estimate of
the population mean.

--
*James C. Whanger*
*