List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: If then else is skipping to else
From:       Henry Gong <Henry.Gong () UCSF ! EDU>
Date:       2012-06-28 18:19:08

On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 01:27:13 -0400, S=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C3=B8ren?= Lassen
<s.lassen@POST.TELE.DK> wrote:

>Henry,
>There does not seem to be anything wrong with the syntax. Question is,
>what are the data like? are you seeing values of 56 for DXCCS1 which are
>really not there? If, for instance, you have a format of 5.0 on the
>variable, then 56.1 or 55.6 would display as 56, without being equal to
>56.
>
>Try something like
>proc sql;
>  select count(*) from KID2009.kid_2009_core where DXCCS1=56;
>
>to get the number of values that are really 56.
>
>Regards,
>Søren

Thanks everyone for replying, this mailing list is great.

I had an idea this morning: I should use the original database, and not the
one I selected on previously. I'm still not sure why I was having those
problems before (like I said, I did try putting 218 in my statement instead
of 56, and that didn't work, even though most entries on DXCCS1 were 218),
but I got numbers that make sense now, so I'm not going to worry too much
about the other dataset.

My results are not quite the same now as the SUDAAN-generated numbers on
HCUPnet (the sum is off by seven but the stdev is the same as their stderr),
so that's kind of weird but acceptable. Probably a difference in calculations.

Thanks again,

Henry