List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: Proc import or Infile
From:       S=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C3=B8ren?= Lassen <s.lassen () POST ! TELE ! DK>
Date:       2011-05-31 5:24:14

Oslo,
I agree that it might be a bother to create input statements for 5000
columns by hand. As already suggested by others, setting the
GUESSINGROWS= data source statement may help.

If it does not, there is another, semi-automatic, possibility:
Submit your proc import in online SAS. Press the recall button.
What you get now is not your original PROC IMPORT statements,
but the data step that PROC IMPORT generated. You can then edit
that program (hopefully you are not having problems with all 5000
columns...) to read the columns in doubt correctly, and save it.

Regards,
Søren

On Mon, 30 May 2011 12:04:54 -0700, oslo <hokut1@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>Dear all;

My data set is about 5000 columns. I tried to get helps from SAS help but
it is
not very informative. In some columns variables are both in numeric and
alphanumeric in my data set. So I can not make data read properly by using
PROC
IMPORT. Any clue use proc import to make data read when columns?values?are
both
numeric and non-numeric. OR is there any practical way to specify variable
names
(about 5000 variables) in?INPUT?if I want to use?INFILE options.

Best regards,

Oslo?