List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: ERROR: Connect: External table is not in the expected format.
From:       Arthur Tabachneck <art297 () NETSCAPE ! NET>
Date:       2010-02-28 23:53:02

Lee,

There are a number of SAS technical notes on this.  If you're not on
9.2 phase 2, you may have to intall that to solve the problem (other
than, of course, simply opening the file in Excel and saving it in an
earlier format).  I really don't know if that version of office/excel
has to be intalled as well.

The critical note I saw was: http://support.sas.com/kb/32/455.html

HTH,
Art