List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: How to display indent and blank line break in pdf/rtf output?
From:       RolandRB <rolandberry () HOTMAIL ! COM>
Date:       2010-01-29 11:40:35

On 28 Jan., 22:37, Lily.P...@PHARMA.COM ("Peng, Lily") wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to create a pdf/rtf output from the SAS output. However, the in=
> dent that displays in SAS output is not working in pdf/rtf file. Also, the =
> blank line that is used to split between different groups can't display in =
> pdf/rtf either.
>
> For example:
>
> A.      In SAS output:
> System Organ Class
>                 Higher Level Term
>                                 Lower Level Term
> SOC11111111
>                 HLT1111111111
>                                 LLT1111111111
> (Note: blank line here)
> SOC22222222222
>                 HLT1111111111
>                                 LLT1111111111
>
> B.      In PDF output:

> System Organ Class
> Higher Level Term
> Lower Level Term
> SOC11111111
> HLT1111111111
> LLT1111111111
> SOC22222222222
> HLT1111111111
> LLT1111111111
>
> Does anybody here knows how to solve this problem?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Lily

As for the blank line then you should do that using a compute block
for your ODS output. Another way of doing indents is to use repeats of
the non-breaking space character "A0"x but if your text is
proportional it won't look the same as ascii output indents.

My %npcttab macro handles this situation well and can simultaneously
generate ascii output and ODS output and have it all looking right.