List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: Suppress warning for duplicate index
From:       Sigurd Hermansen <HERMANS1 () WESTAT ! COM>
Date:       2009-03-31 15:50:27

I wouldn't lose sleep over an informative but benign warning message. In any event, \
you may be able to subset your append dataset to those tuples without ID conflicts \
using a relatively cheap existential operator:

data work.test (index = (name / unique)) class;
   set sashelp.class;
run;

proc append base    = work.test
            data    = class
            ;
run;
proc sql;
   create table uniqueclass as
   select * from class as t1
   where NOT EXISTS (select 1 from work.test as t2 where t1.name=t2.name)
   ;
quit;
proc append base    = work.test
            data    = uniqueclass