List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: Export SAS Datasets to multiple workbooks of excel
From:       Rivo Ramamonjy <rivo.ramamonjy () TRICAST-GROUP ! COM>
Date:       2009-03-31 13:49:06

You may use ODS Tagsets.ExcelXP.
However, be aware of some disadvantages :
1) the resulting files may be quite large because they are in a verbose uncompressed \
XML format. 2) Some expressions may be (as usual!) wrongly presented when open in \
Excel. Example : the string "05-10" which would represent, say, age interval from 5 \
to 10,  may appear as "May-10" or "October-5"

Here is a simple example to create a workbook with one worksheet for each country.

Proc sort data=sashelp.prdsale out=work.prdsale;
   By country;
   Run;

ODS Tagsets.ExcelXP file="/dir/workbook.xls" options(SHEET_INTERVAL='BYGROUP');

   Proc print data=work.prdsale label noobs;
        By country;
        title;
        Run;
ODS tagsets.ExcelXP close;