List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: SAS/Access for Teradata
From:       Linda Pavlish <lap7858 () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       2008-05-30 17:33:09

Thanks Bob for your message.  While we are not using UNIX, your reply
prompted me to go back and request that our server support person use BTEQ,
had to be installed, to test connection and not the software that was
initially used. (Turns out the previous test was using OBDC not native
teradata drivers)

Short anwswer to long story..
BTEQ failed. While the answer was truly a teradata issue (not SAS) I'm
posting the solution so that others may learn and not get trapped in the
middle (SAS versus teradata).

Solution:
This problem is being addressed by DR 103605. No code fix is currently
available.

To correct the problem, must manually clean out remnants of prior CLI
installations.
**** assumes %SYSTEMROOT% is C:\Windows\System32

1) delete shared .dll files that are no longer used in TTU 8.1.
Delete these files if present:
C:\Windows\System32\wincli32.dll
C:\Windows\System32\tdusr32.dll
C:\Windows\System32\tdgss.dll
C:\Windows\System32\localisation.dll

2) If TTU 8.1 version of ODBC is installed, then need to ensure that
C:\Windows\System32\terasso.dll is version 4.8.1.x
This file is needed by Teradata ODBC and needs to match up with CLIv2's
terasso.dll
This also means that you cannot mix TTU versions of ODBC and CLIv2, ODBC
and CLIv2 must
both be TTU 8.1 versions.

3) Clear out unneeded windows registry key values.
Note: this step is not mandatory but should be done for the sake of
completeness.
Delete these entries from the windows registry.
Start->Run->Regedit
Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs
Delete these key values on right side of screen (point mouse at right side,
right click, select delete):
*****WARNING*******WARNING********WARNING********************
*****ONLY DELETE THESE ENTRIES*********************************
*****IF UNSURE-CAN RENAME THESE *******************************
*****DO NOT ALTER ANY NON-CLI RELATED ENTRIES***********
C:\Windows\System32\wincli32.dll
C:\Windows\System32\tdusr32.dll
C:\Windows\System32\tdgss.dll
C:\Windows\System32\localisation.dll
Click on the X to close Regedit window and save the changes.

Note that C:\Windows\System32\terasso.dll should not be deleted if TTU 8.1
Teradata ODBC is installed.

4) There should be no need to do any other actions, all CLI related TTU
8.1applications should now work.
No uninstall or reinstall should be needed.

Configuration Data:
TTU 8.1 or TTU 8.2
Any Windows OS