List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: Turn obs into vars
From:       Mary <mlhoward () avalon ! net>
Date:       2008-04-30 20:04:12

Sorry, I forgot to change my variable name to ID.  Here's the correction.

proc sql;

create table duplicates as

select id

from vars

where id in(

select id

from vars

group by id

having count(id) >=2)

order by id;

quit;

run;

I'm actually doing a similar thing myself; our lab has run DNA results multiple times \
on the same people, and we would like to aggregate them to having 1 row per patient \
so that we can run statistical analysis on them (I've got over 200 variables like \
this), but we have just one variable that documents what plate the DNA was run on, so \
I want to flip that one variable(which has only up to 2 values per patient) and \
aggregate the rest of the data.  There's only about 100 duplicates out of thousands \
of lines, so it is really not worth the hassle to keep the plate as part of the \
primary key along with the id.

Thus I do see the need for what you are doing.

-Mary