List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re tabulate to Excel
From:       John Birken <zbq5 () CDC ! GOV>
Date:       2006-11-30 23:24:40

Jeri:

1. Yes, it is possible to export sas data sets to Excel. Just use Proc
Export with the appropriate parameters filled in.

I usually just write a flat file and use Excel's powerful open import
routine.
   Hmm Proc Tabulate >>> Excel not sure. Don't see /Out=toExcel in proc
tabulate in my old SAS procedures guide. Someone else will know better.

I'd just take the data set proc export it before your proc tabulate gets it.

2. Not positive what you want to do in the 2nd question so I'll cover most
cases:

   A) Writing over the existing data sheet. Just import the data to start
iin the sheet's data section starting cell  Say B:3
   B) If you want to add a new area to the existing sheet import the data
to start in cell B:AfterAllOldRows. This will add a new section to your
existing sheet.
   C) If you want an old + new worksheet, insert a new worksheet to your
workbook, copy sheet 1 to sheet2 erase the data and place your new data in
sheet2. Post a new question if you have a link complication.

HTH,
John