List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: note: using SQL to make proc Format CntlIn
From:       "Fehd, Ronald J" <rjf2 () CDC ! GOV>
Date:       2005-10-31 19:30:24

yeah, Sig, once I posted
I put a note on my todo list:
show the data step code to create same data set.

I'm thinking that this is more or less correct.

data   hsfmt;
retain FmtName '$HSLong'
       Type    'C'
       max     48
       ;
do     until(EndoFile);
set    ftd.IEDITMAST(rename  = (
                     HS      = start
                     Lalpha  = label
       end = EndoFile;
output;
end;
hlo   = 'O';*Oh, not zero;
label = '***ERROR***';*or '**Other**';
output;
stop;

Ron Fehd  the macro maven  CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov

--> cheerful provider of UNTESTED SAS code from the Clue?Gee!Wrx <--