List:       sas-l
Subject:    Re: Restriction Coefficients in Proc Mixed Model
From:       Dale McLerran <stringplayer_2 () YAHOO ! COM>
Date:       2004-12-31 0:34:54

Thomas,

Perhaps I was not clear enough with my first e-mail.  Categorical
variable handling in PROC MIXED can be done in a variety of ways.
Before I try to tell you how to obtain the test that you wish to
obtain, I need to know how you are dealing with the categorical
variables.  That is, I really would like to see the code that
you presently have.  You don't have to show any data.  I am not
interested in data.  But I cannot answer your question without
seeing the code that you are presently using.  I can guess at
how you are handling the categorical variables, or try to address
how to perform the test given all possible methods of handling
of categorical variables.  But I would rather not do either of
these.  It takes up too much of my time.  Sorry that I have to
be so blunt.

Dale

--- Thomas T <tythong@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> Hi Dale,
>
> Thanks a lot! Actually, I just wawnt to perform the same manner as
> the "test" option that used in PROC REG statement.
> So, I want to test the coefficient of the two dummy variables whether
> they
> are significantly difference. May I know whether I could do that and
> how
> to perform this in Proc Mixed Model?
>
> Thanks again and happy new year!
> Thomas